Islamabad Institute of Dental Education & Allied Sciences has been established under the wings of Islamabad Medical & Dental College.
Dental surgeons work closely with patients and must develop a high standard of professional responsibility, delivering oral health care to the community within a team environment. Dentistry is an intellectually stimulating career, largely based on scientific principles, yet encompassing artistic flair. Continuing commitment to education is mandatory to keep abreast of changing techniques and new materials.
The Dental College is located in a custom planned building at the foothills of the Margalla hills, spreading over 62 kanals located in Bhara Kahu, Islamabad, covering Islamabad/Rawalpindi/Northern Punjab/Hazara Division/Northern Areas and Azad Jammu Kashmir territories.
- Highly qualified, experienced and dedicated teaching faculty.
- Comfortable air conditioned lecture halls well equipped with modern teaching aids.
- Quality dental education based on integrated curriculum.
- Quality health services without discrimination to patients.
- Exciting and rewarding career in dental health care.
- Access to the teaching facilities of 75 dental units, digital library, hi-tech laboratories, clinical skill labs covering the full spectrum of diagnosis and comprehensive treatment at Islamabad Dental Hospital.
- The Dental College is aiming to be a world class dental institution.
BDS Course Format
|1st Year BDS||Anatomy, Physiology,
Biochemistry, Science of Dental Materials
|2nd Year BDS||Pathology, Pharmacology,
Community & Preventive Dentistry, Oral Biology
|3rd Year BDS||Oral Pathology, Periodontology,
General Medicine, General Surgery, Oral Medicine
|Final Year BDS||Prosthodontics, Orthodontics,
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Operative Dentistry
Islamabad Dental Hospital:
Overall 100 dental units are functioning
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Endodontics & Operative Dentistry
- Phantom Head Laboratory
- Oral Pathology Laboratory
- Prosthodontics Laboratory
- Orthodontics Laboratory
- Dental Ceramic Laboratory
- Community Dentistry Laboratory
- Dental Materials Museum
- Oral Biology Laboratory
All the clinical departments are headed by highly qualified & experienced Consultants and Dental Surgeons. Fully equipped laboratories with Hi-Tech Ceramic Lab and Radiology Department. All sorts of dental treatments are provided under strict cross infection control using Hi-Tech sterilization methods. The dental treatments are provided at minimal prices. The Dental Hospital is providing dental treatment round the clock.
Apart from offering courses at Dental College, the Dental Hospital boasts of excellent infrastructure with all the modern Hi-Tech equipment. Islamabad Dental Hospital (IDH) provides routine dental care and specialist dental services in all fields of dentistry along with providing education for dental undergraduate and postgraduate students and dental auxiliary staff (it incorporates the Schools of Dental Hygiene, Dental Therapy and Dental Technology and will provide training for Dental Nurses).